Save the date! European Kidney Forum 2021: Unmet needs & challenges in access to treatments in Europe: The case of Chronic Kidney Disease21 May 2021
The 2021 European Kidney Forum will take place on the 18th June 2021 from 10:30 to 12:00 CEST. The MEP Group for Kidney Health and the European Kidney Health Alliance (EKHA) look forward to the insightful discussions that will emerge from the theme “Unmet needs & challenges in access to treatments in Europe: The case of Chronic Kidney Disease”.
This year’s Forum is organised as part of the Decade of the Kidney™ campaign, an EKHA-led initiative that aims to put the spotlight on Kidney Disease at EU level for the next ten years.
This event will focus on tackling the challenges of access to all types of kidney disease treatments in Europe, such as home-dialysis, transplantation and secondary prevention to combat Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) progression. Long-standing challenges in the access to CKD treatments have been worsened by the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, we will explore how to mitigate the negative impact of COVID-19 on access to kidney care and promote information and education about different treatment options to both health professionals and patients. Speakers include:
- Stella Kyriakides, European Commissioner for Health and Food Safety, DG SANTE
- Hilde Vautmans, Chair of the MEP group for Kidney Health
- Manuel Pizarro, Vice-Chair of the MEP group for Kidney Health
- Stefan Schreck, Advisory for stakeholder relations, DG SANTE
- Lieven Annemans, Senior Professor of Health Economics, Ghent University
- Jan De Maeseneer, Professor in Family Medicine and Primary Care, Ghent University
- Raymond Vanholder, EKHA President
- Jeanette Finderup, Clinical nurse specialist, European Dialysis and Transplant Nurses Association/European Renal Care Association
- Daniel Gallego, President of the European Kidney Patients’ Federation
- Henning Søndergaard, Patient Advocate, Danish Kidney Association
The European Kidney Forum 2021 is made possible by the sponsorship of: