The MEP Group for Kidney Health is the informal group of Members of the European Parliament committed to helping improve the policy response to the growing burden of kidney disease in Europe. The principal aim of the MEP Group for Kidney Health is to provide political impetus to improve policy on prevention, as well as improved access to best-practice care for all EU citizens.
EKHA manages the Secretariat of the MEP Group for Kidney Health. MEPs involved in the Group have access –through EKHA’s network of experts– to valuable information relevant to their work on health policy; in exchange, the MEP Group is instrumental to raising awareness on CKD amongst other policy makers and stakeholders.
Members of the MEP Group
- Hilde Vautmans, Chair (Belgium, Renew)
- Brando Benifei (Italy, S&D)
- Martin Buschmann (Germany, GUE/NGL)
- Olivier Chastel (Belgium, Renew)
- Petra De Sutter (Belgium, Greens/EFA)
- Cindy Franssen (Belgium, EPP)
- Theresa Griffin (United Kingdom, S&D)
- Rasa Juknevičienė (Lithuania, EPP)
- Peter Liese (Germany, EPP)
- Marian-Jean Marinescu (Romania, EPP)
- Rory Palmer (United Kingdom, S&D)
- Aldo Patriciello (Italy, EPP)
- Jutta Paulus (Germany, Greens/EFA)
- Sirpa Pietikäinen (Finland, EPP)
- Manuel Pizarro (Portugal, S&D)
- Christel Schaldemose (Denmark, S&D)
- Annie Schreijer-Pierik (Netherlands, EPP)
More information on the MEP Group here.